WHO ARE WE?
Funatical started out as a one product company in 1988 after our founder, John Hanley fell in love with a game called TANTRIX. John secured the rights to sell Tantrix in Australia and the love affair began.
So John started to travel the world seeking out other "lovers" of games and soon found himself attending Game Fairs in Europe and USA. He was astonished to find a whole world of amazing games and brands he had never seen in Australia.
Since these early days, Funatical’s mission has been to bring these games to Australia to share with our customers. We never tire of the enjoyment we see in our customer’s eyes when we show them another one of our games and the sheer amazement and excitement when they say "I can’t believe these games are available" and "These games are brilliant, I have never seen them before".
Today we are still a family business with a team of dedicated and passionate staff who have themselves fallen in love with our games and puzzles and who have a strong desire to continue the tradition of bringing quality games, puzzles and crafts from around the world to our customers.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Games, Puzzles, Jigsaws and Crafts that are truly excellent quality!
We believe great products are the products that stand on their own merits of quality, not on the merits of TV advertisements and licensed TV shows nor through movie character endorsements.
- Most of our Games are manufactured from Wood
- All our Jigsaws (apart from those made of Wood) are manufactured using the highest quality Blue Board
- Where plastics have been used in our games they are typically of a premium quality, solid, attractive and hard-wearing plastic (including Vintage Plastic)
- All our products are manufactured to very high exacting standards. Our Jigsaws are manufactured in Europe and Photo Pearls is manufactured in Sweden. Where products have been manufactured in China, they are at the premium end in terms of process and finishes.
Simplicity of design
- Our products are designed with the aim of reducing unnecessary complications and to make your play as hassle-free and enjoyable as possible. Often the design aspect is not overt but is evident in the "playability" or "useability" of our games, jigsaws and crafts
- Only a few rules that are quick and easy to learn so you can be enjoying them within seconds of opening the box
Fast to play
- Most of our games take less than 30 minutes to play and many just 10 or 20 minutes, but they are addictive so you will want to play time and time again
Challenging (not taxing) for your mind
- Many of our games have a "classic" feel to them but very often with one or a few unexpected "twists" to make them interesting, entertaining and challenging.
Stimulating and educational for your children (and for you)
- Core life skills including dexterity, psychomotor, colour recognition, observation and association, memory, numbers and counting, maths, sciences, general knowledge and socialisation.
- Thinking skills including creativity, problem solving, decision making, resource management, planning and strategy development and lateral thinking.
Products that will stand the test of time
- Durable products to withstand the rigours of family life and the kind of wear that only toddlers and children can dish out.
- Classic, elegant, timeless designs so they will look just as stylish tomorrow as they do today.
- Outstanding craftsmanship so they can be passed on through generations
Great products are the products that are serious FUN for families to enjoy playing and socialising together!!
OUR ETHICS (and PRIVACY)
If you are unsatisfied because a product does not do what was promised, we will refund the full cost to you upon return of the product.
If a product is damaged or faulty, we will refund the full cost or at your discretion, we will replace the product, upon return of the damaged or faulty goods within 30 days of purchase.
We will provide you with any help we can by phone or email to improve your knowledge and understanding of a product or products you have purchased or are considering purchasing.
We will treat your personal information and privacy (including credit card details) with respect. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unrelated to Funatical, except where it is necessary to provide you with products or services requested by you. Funatical is obliged to comply with the Privacy Act 1988.
We will provide you with regular (but not too regular) updates by email and/or phone including new products, special offers and other information that may be of interest.
We will gratefully receive any feedback or suggestions you may have to help us improve our service to you. Please email any comments, feedback or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The jesters of old were entertainers in the courts of kings, sultans and rulers. With their privileged station in the halls of decision making and debate, the jester was also often privy to the secrets of politics, romance and espionage.
With this knowledge comes satire and parody. The jester of the day would combine wit and humour to relate the topical issues in a social commentary of sorts.
This dichotomy of seriousness and FUN as represented by the jester is therefore the logical choice of device to encapsulate the ethos of Funatical.